Hey all –
Upcoming dates to remember:
TOMORROW – 6pm, Upson: help Al unload 27 monitors from his car
AUGUST 2 – 11am, Upson: pack for the Ghana shipment
Immediately – begin processing computers for the Ghana and Iraq shipments
– the shipment to Cuttington College has finally landed in Liberia!
– the Iraq shipment seems to be coming along nicely; Al has a contact
from the Sustainability Group who may help us ship the computers to
Anbar through the military. Seems like this is going to be a pretty
high profile shipment- more details to come soon!
– We’ve received an application from Trumansburg High School for
computers for their science labs.
General Member Tasks:
– Create a database to keep track of our funding more closely
– Look into CATS (Capital Asset Transfer…?) through Cornell to see
if we can get any computers from there
– Create a list of important contacts who may be able to help us with
shipping, publicity, funding, etc in the future (ie. Asylum Writers
Program, Sustainability folks, etc)
Specific Task Reminders:
– Enter recently processed computers into database – Sunhye?
– Email newly created application to listserv – Sunhye
– Edit/ Print poster for club fair in August – Al will email to listserv
– Write Summer Newsletter – Liz
– Computer Users Manual – Asad
– Compile list of free online classes – Matty
Hope to see some of you at the dates listed above, and enjoy the rest
of your summers!
Hey all –